(Part time until budget allows position to be converted to a full time position)
SALARY: $14.00 hourly
Graduation from high school and at least two years in responsible progressive clerical experience dealing with the public; or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience. A valid driver’s license and vehicle for daily use is required. A technology-savvy, detail-oriented, organized individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills is essential.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
This position requires some knowledge of the principles and practices of the North Carolina elections process. Employee will serve Elections Clerk, and perform all duties required for effectively administering elections and other elections office activities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, standard clerical tasks; data entry; database maintenance; professional creation of documents using Microsoft Office applications; maintenance and auditing of campaign finance records; coordination and preparation of training and outreach activities; photo ID issuance and general support to the Director of Elections, Deputy Director of Elections and Board Members as needed. Performs other related duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of the election process.
· Considerable knowledge and understanding of standard office practices and procedures.
· Considerable knowledge of spelling, grammar and arithmetic.
· Skill in the use of computers, proficiency in typing, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn new programs quickly and efficiently.
· Skill in public speaking while communicating clearly and efficiently.
· Ability to pay close attention to details.
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
· Ability to exercise considerable tact in frequent contact with voters and the general public.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the media, party chairs, precinct officials, public officials, candidates, the Director of Elections, Deputy Director of Elections, Board Members, and North Carolina State Board of Elections staff.
· Ability to operate standard office equipment and election equipment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to perform heavy work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force frequently during elections.
Submit application, cover letter, and resume to:
206 E. Main St.
Elizabeth City, NC 27909
Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Position will be open until August 20, 2019 or until filled