Evacuation Information

During a Hurricane Watch listen to your LOCAL radio stations, county/city cable access channels and TV channels for information.  An Emergency Information Hotline has been established where residents can receive the most current information regarding emergency weather conditions.

  • Citizen Emergency Hotline Number is 252-331-7474.

What to consider?

  • If you live in a mobile, modular, manufactured home or structurally unstable dwelling in ANY zone, YOU SHOULD EVACUATE!  Also, if you live in a structure that is surrounded by trees and the storm is a powerful windstorm you should consider evacuation.

  • It is important to know about the area that you live in prior to hurricane season.  Know the  elevation of your property, nearby rivers, sounds, swamps and other bodies of water.  If you live near the water in an evacuation zone, or in a low-lying area, be prepared (in advance) to leave.

  • No power for 2-7 days or longer (If you have medicines that require refrigeration, consider this)

  • Trees & power lines blocking the road or roads being completely washed out or submerged cutting you off from first responders.

  • Having a medical emergency and first responders are unable to get to you due to weather conditions or the road being cut off.

  • Unable to get more food and water

  • What about your pets?

You may be putting yourself in danger when you choose not to evacuate, but you’re also endangering first responders and volunteers if they have to come rescue you.

Resources will be limited, so that’s why it’s important for you and your family to come up with an emergency plan and kit to be prepared for whatever comes your way. If you want to learn more about being prepared, visit ReadyNC’s website.

Evacuation Routes

Pasquotank County
Use Halstead Extension to U.S. 17 Bypass (South)
U.S. North to U.S. Route 158 West.  Travel inland.                                                                   

Camden County
Use U.S. Route 158 West to
NC 343 North to US 17
Then travel south via U.S. 17 to
U.S. 17 Bypass and U.S. Route 158 West
or North via US 17
Travel inland.