Interested in working for Pasquotank County? The following jobs are available. Click on links for more information.
BUILDING INSPECTOR/CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
Perform building inspections for compliance with construction, electrical, mechanical and plumbing state codes. Candidate will also assist in zoning enforcement. Level I certificate in all four areas of building inspection preferred. Prior experience in residential building construction desired. Candidate must possess a valid NC Driver’s License and a HS Diploma. Starting salary range $31,857.00 -$39,023.00. Closing date will be June 29, 2018. Applications will be reviewed July 2, 2018. Submit application to Pasquotank County Personnel Office, 206 E. Main Street, or mail application to PO Box 529, Elizabeth City, NC 27909. Applications is below.
Water System Technician
- Hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Starting Salary: $25,270/yr.
- Qualifications: Must be 18 years of age, valid driver’s license, operate a farm tractor, drive straight shift vehicle, and must have transportation. High School Diploma or GED required.
- Duties: The job will consist of the general maintenance of the water and wastewater systems; distribution systems and grounds; general repairs and maintenance of the vehicles and equipment used in the day-to-day operations; reading water meters; repairing water meters; and various other duties.
- Open until filled.
UNIVERSAL INCOME MAINTENANCE CASEWORKER 239-02-323
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The primary purpose of this position is to determine the eligibility and continuing eligibility of individuals who receive Adult Medicaid, Family and Children's Medicaid, Food and Nutrition Services and/or Work First Family Assistance based on the program policy and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This job involves constant contact with the public. Examples of duties performed in this position would be:
- interviewing clients,
- computing budgets to determine eligibility for assistance,
- verifying factors that relate to ongoing eligibility such as income, residence, ownership of property, etc.,
- explaining the program to applicants and to the public,
- maintaining an ongoing caseload of cases comprised of multiple public assistance programs,
- coordinating with other agencies and organizations such as the hospital, health department and child support agency,
- maintaining statistical information, computer generated forms, and;
- other assistance to families and children.
PUBLIC INFORMATION ASSISTANT IV 239-04-304
This position is part of the Administrative Support Unit and is involved 100% in duties acting as an agency receptionist. The purpose of this position is to assist the public either by telephone or in person by providing information or connecting the client with the appropriate staff person who can provide assistance. This staff person has constant contact with the general public in order to determine which agency staff person can best help the client, and to coordinate/direct clients to agency staff workers. This staff person also advises persons about other agencies that may be able to help them and gives limited information about other agencies/services in the area.
Emergency Medical Technician - All Levels - Part Time
Pasquotank-Camden EMS is currently seeking part time applicants for pre-hospital care providers at all levels to join our progressive, fast-paced team. Duties will include providing pre-hospital emergency care and associated skills at the basic and/or advanced level. Applicants must have
- High School diploma or GED
- Current pre-hospital certification at the EMT, AEMT or Paramedic level by NCOEMS or ability to obtain through reciprocity
- Possession of a valid drivers license
- Good physical agility and ability to perform duties
- Ability to pass local medical board, if necessary & provide documentation of continuing education hours for verification
- Current course completions preferred in PHTLS, PALS, ACLS & Basic Life Support (CPR)
- Pre-employment background check, drug screen, and driving records checks will be performed.
FMI email Joshua Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete Job Description
Click here for the Pasquotank County Employment Application
The Human Resources office is located on the second floor of the Pasquotank County Courthouse, 200 E Main St, Elizabeth City.