Standing Water in Ditches

Pasquotank County has a very low water table - water in ditches is normal.

If you feel like a ditch needs to be cleared out and it runs parallel or under a state maintained road, call the local NC DOT office at 252-482-7977.

If the ditch and the street are in the City of Elizabeth City (not just Elizabeth City address), contact Elizabeth City Public Works at 252-337-6628.

If it is a ditch between two (or more properties) , it is the responsibility of the property owners to keep the ditch clear of debris.

If you do not know if an address is in the City of Elizabeth City or outside city limits enter an address below.